The Christmas holiday is upon us and many Eastlake businesses will be closed. Since the holiday is on a Sunday, many businesses have chosen to also be closed on Saturday, Christmas Eve, in addition to Christmas Day.
If you need supplies or want to go out for a meal or a drink, your best bet is to do it on Saturday. Two businesses (Eastlake Bar and Grill and the Eastlake Zoo) will be open on Christmas Day and one (Flower Lady) may be.
If I’ve missed your business, please add your hours and details to the comments.
Have a happy holiday!
FOOD AND DRINK:
- Eastlake Bar and Grill, 2947 Eastlake Ave. E. Hours: 9 a.m.- 6 p.m. Website: www.neighborhoodgrills.com/eastlake/index.html
- Eastlake Zoo, 2301 Eastlake Ave. E. Hours: 3 p.m.-2 a.m. Website: http://www.eastlakezootavern.com/
- 14 Carrot Cafe, 2305 Eastlake Ave. E. Hours: 7 a.m. to 4 p.m. Website: 14carrotcafe.com
- Le Fournil, 3230B Eastlake Ave. E. Hours: 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. Website: www.le-fournil.com
- Louisa’s Cafe Bakery, 2379 Eastlake Ave. E. Hours: 8 a.m.-2 p.m. Website: www.louisascafe.com
- Ship Canal Grill, 3218 Eastlake Ave. E. Hours: Brunch starting at 10 a.m. Dinner starting at 5 p.m. Call for reservations at 206-588-8885. Website: www.shipcanalgrill.com
- Starbucks, 2344 Eastlake Ave. E. Hours: 6 a.m.-4 p.m. Website: www.starbucks.com/store/12504
- Voxx Coffee, 2245 Eastlake Ave. E. Hours: 7 a.m.-1 p.m. Website: voxxseattle.com
- Pete’s Wine Shop, 58 E. Lynn. Hours: 7 a.m. to 4 p.m. Website: www.peteswineshop.com
- Chloe and Dillon Boutique, 2345 Eastlake Ave. E. Hours: 9:30 a.m.-4 p.m.
- Flower Lady, 3230 Eastlake Ave. E. Hours: 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Website: www.seattleflowerlady.com
- Lake Union Mail, 117 E. Louisa. Hours: 10 a.m.-3 p.m. Website: www.lakeunionmail.com
- Maya Vajra, Licensed East Asian Medicine Practitioner, 2366 Eastlake Ave. E. Hours: Until 4 p.m. Call for an appointment at 206-300-1530.
- Eastlake Bar and Grill. Hours: 8 p.m.-midnight.
- Eastlake Zoo. Hours: 5 p.m.-2 a.m.
- Flower Lady. Not sure about hours. Call ahead: 206-325-5751
Metro will be on a Sunday schedule (fewer trips than weekdays, reduced prices) on Monday, Dec. 26. Buses will operate on a reduced schedule (some commuter and school-oriented routes don’t run, regular fares) from Dec. 27-30.
For more information, go to Metro’s Holiday Service web page.
DISPOSAL STATIONS and WASTE PICKUP:
The North Recycling Station in Fremont is closed on Christmas Day. Solid waste collection will be on a normal schedule Christmas week.
If you have curbside food and yard waste collection, you can put your Christmas tree and greens out during your regular collection day for no extra charge between Dec. 26 and Jan. 8. Cut the tree into sections six feet or shorter with branches less than four feet. Sections should be bundled. Multi-family buildings can put one tree next to each yard waste container for free.
If your tree has flocking or ornaments or tinsel, it will be collected as extra garbage at an extra charge.
Trees and greens can be dropped off for free at the North Recycling and Disposal Station between Dec. 26 and Jan. 8. Trees must be in sections eight feet or less and trunks no bigger than four inches in diameter. Three tree limit per vehicle.