As you might expect, it’s pretty quiet in Eastlake on Thanksgiving. A few businesses will be open:
- Chloe & Dillon Boutique, 2345 Eastlake Ave. E. Hours: 10 a.m.-1 p.m.
- Eastlake Bar and Grill, 2947 Eastlake Ave. E. Hours: 8 p.m. to midnight. They’ll be offering Happy Hour items, like Mac and Cheese Balls, Smokey Cheddar Waffle Fries, a Hummus Plate and more. Website: www.neighborhoodgrills.com/eastlake/index.html.
- 14 Carrot Cafe, 2305 Eastlake Ave. E. Hours: 8 a.m.-2 p.m. Website: 14carrotcafe.com.
- Starbucks, 2344 Eastlake Ave. E. Hours: 6 a.m.-4 p.m. Website: www.starbucks.com/store/12504.
- Voxx Coffee, 2245 Eastlake Ave. E. Hours: 7 a.m.-1 p.m. Website: voxxseattle.com.
- Pete’s Wine Shop, 58 E. Lynn St. Hours: 10 a.m.-2 p.m. Website: www.peteswineshop.com.
- Flower Lady, 3230 Eastlake Ave. E. Hours: 8 a.m. to around 4 p.m. Website: www.seattleflowerlady.com.
Metro Bus service: Buses will be on a Sunday schedule (fewer trips, lower fares) and on a reduced weekday schedule (fewer trips on some routes, regular fares) on Friday. Route 70 will see some cancellations on Friday. For more information, go to Metro’s website.
Solid waste collection: There won’t be any garbage, food or yard waste collection or recycling on Thanksgiving. Thursday collections will be done on Friday and Friday’s will be done on Saturday.
The North Recycling and Disposal Station in Fremont/Wallingford is closed on Thanksgiving.
Keep your storm drain clear: The city is asking residents to check storm drains in their area and keep them free of leaves to prevent flooding. Remove leaves from the drains with a rake or broom, Seattle Public Utilities advises, collect the leaves and compost them or put them in your yard waste containers.
Did I miss anyone? Let me know at curtmilton (at) comcast.net. Happy Thanksgiving!