From the Chair-I would like to extend a personal invitation to stakeholders in the Eastlake Community to attend the East Precinct Advisory Council’s December 8th meeting. We have recently re-organized and revised our goals- to serve ALL residents in the East Precinct Community and be more proactive in advocating for citizens’ best interests.
Metro Transit is making several changes that will impact East Precinct riders, including re-routes and limited service of bus routes. Jack Lattemann, lead Transportation Planner in Metro’s Service Planning Group, will be our featured guest at the December 8th East Precinct Advisory Council meeting. Jack will speak about these changes, factors affecting the planning of transit service and safety and security at bus stops— a key concern among the East Precinct community.
Metro representatives were invited in response to a recent survey completed by our October meeting attendees. We asked, “Who and what would you like to see at our meetings?”“Transit Configurations and philosophies regarding public safety” was one of the suggested topics.
Other proposed topics will be featured in our future meetings, including:
- Young people talk about their issues and recommendations to feel more comfortable with policing in our community. (We have invited representatives from the UmojaFest Peace Center for our January Meeting);
- How to be a good witness and notice the details that matter;
- Traffic calming strategies (Traffic circles, curb bulbs, etc) how to get a crosswalk in your neighborhood;
- Education of drivers regarding pedestrians and bicycles;
- 911 information-education in use of 911 calls, “communicating with the police/first responder”;
- Abatement process with Nuisance Property;
- Neighborhood Emergency Teams;
- Role of Meredith Matthews YMCA in neighborhood youth programs.
If you would like to suggest a topic not listed here, please add your idea in the comments.
Please note, our Thursday, December 8 meeting date, set to accommodate the holidays, is a combined November/December meeting.
Mark your calendar!
EastPAC General Meeting
Thursday, December 8, 6 PM to 7:45 PM
Chardin Hall, Room 142, Seattle University
1020 East Jefferson
(Enter Campus at 11the and East Jefferson, free parking in front of building)
Hope to see you all there!