Eastlake weekly police reports include six auto thefts and car prowls

Eastlake’s police reports for the week include several auto thefts and car prowls:

• Sept. 14: Fraud, credit card, 3200 block of Eastlake Ave. E., 10 a.m.
  • Sept. 14: Burglary, commercial, 1900 block of Fairview Ave. E., 1:31 p.m.
  • Sept. 14: Accident investigation, Eastlake Ave. E. and E. Garfield St., 3:37 p.m.
  • Sept. 14: Auto theft, 2200 block of Fairview Ave. E., 11 p.m.
  • Sept. 15: Burglary, unoccupied structure on residential property, 2900 block of Eastlake Ave. E., 9:22 a.m.
  • Sept. 15: Identity theft, 3200 block of Eastlake Ave. E., 12:46 p.m.
  • Sept. 16: Lost property, 3300 block of Eastlake Ave. E., 1 a.m.
  • Sept. 16: Auto theft, 3200 block of Eastlake Ave. E., 7:30 a.m.
  • Sept. 16: Car prowl, 2300 block of Yale Ave. E., 9:55 a.m.
  • Sept. 16: Auto theft, 2200 block of Fairview Ave. E., 11:21 a.m.
  • Sept. 16: Auto theft, 3200 block of Eastlake Ave. E., 6:33 p.m.
  • Sept. 16: Car prowl, 2300 block of Minor Ave. E., 7 p.m.
  • Sept. 16: Auto theft, 2000 block of Fairview Ave. E., 8 p.m.
  • Sept. 17: Auto theft, 2000 block of Fairview Ave. E., 11:39 a.m.
  • Sept. 17: Felony warrant service, Eastlake Ave. E. and E. Yale St., 8:23 p.m.
  • Sept. 17: Car prowl, 2300 block of Minor Ave. E., 10:31 p.m.
  • Sept. 18: Lewd conduct, 3200 block of Fuhrman Ave. E., 10:38 a.m.
  • Sept. 18: Noise disturbance, 2700 block of Fairview Ave. E., 6:54 p.m.
  • Sept. 19: Trespass, 1500 block of Fairview Ave. E., 8:05 p.m.
  • Sept. 19: Noise disturbance, 1500 block of Eastlake Ave. E., 10:34 p.m.
  • Sept. 20: Houseboating sinking, Fairview Ave. E. and E. Allison, 7:13 a.m. (see previous post)
  • Sept. 20: Harassment, theats, 100 block of E. Edgar St., 2:32 p.m.
  • Sept. 20: Car/bicycle accident, Eastlake Ave. E. and E. Louisa St., 5 p.m. (see photo)

See the complete report on our 911 map.

6 thoughts on “Eastlake weekly police reports include six auto thefts and car prowls

1. Jenn

Is this a normal amount of auto thefts for the Eastlake area? I just started following this report because, well, one of our cars was stolen and I’m curious if this is out of the ordinary. And 4 in one day? Seems high.

2. Brian Craig

I have lived in the Eastlake area since ’93 and have had two cars stolen(car 1 once, car two twice). I was told by the SPD that Eastlake is common path between Capital Hill & the UDistrict and that car thieves will steal cars to travel between the two places. My current car has the spark plug wires right on top when I open the hood, so I unplug them. Haven’t had my car messed with since. Best & cheapest anti-theft procedure!

3. bill

Thx for tip, Brian.

With so many street-parked cars, and easy “quick-getaway” paths [Eastlake Ave; Lakeview Bl; Boylston+I-5 south], it’s not surprising this neighborhood is a prime target.

Are legal penalties for auto theft still ridiculously weak? There are a lot of multiple offenders out there…

4. Eastlake

Brian,

When my car was stolen and recovered a few years back, SPD basically said that there was not much they can do. They didn’t really seem interested in pursuing property theft crimes. I was greatly disappointed in their attitude. Having your car stolen or your home broken into is quite a violating experience.

From what I read, the state has incredibly lenient laws regarding auto theft and the cases are very difficult to prosecute.

Comments are closed.