The Fourth of July and the Lake Union fireworks are the big events this weekend, but there are several other things going on around Lake Union. All may cause traffic and congestion:
Red, White and Dead Zombie Walk, 6-8 p.m., Saturday, July 2, Fremont: Join thousands of other zombies as they dance and stagger along the streets of Fremont. The zombie event runs from 2 to 11 p.m. The walk is on North 35th Street between Phinney Avenue N. and First Avenue NW. Admission to the zombie block party is $4. See the event website for details.
Lake Union Wooden Boat Festival, 10 a.m.-6 p.m. Saturday and Sunday, July 2 and 3, Center for Wooden Boats and South Lake Union Park: The festival features wooden boats and lots of them. See the boats, go on a boat ride, see boat builders in action and more. There will also be food, exhibits and live music. Details on the event website.
Family 4th at Lake Union, Gas Works Park opens at noon, fireworks are at 10 p.m. The City of Seattle is expecting up to 50,000 people to come to the shores of Lake Union and another 50,000 will gather at other places around the city to see the annual fireworks show. Traffic in Eastlake and around the lake will be congested the closer it gets to the fireworks. Check our post for a printable map of Eastlake parking and driving restrictions. More information on the fireworks and events at Gas Works are at the Family 4th website.
UPDATE: This post has been changed since it was first published. Jaxx Boutique is open today and has been added to the list.
The Fourth of July is Monday and many businesses in Eastlake will be open. Check our list below to see which stores and restaurants will be operating.
Getting in and out of the neighborhood, particularly late in the day and in the evening before and after the fireworks can be tricky. You may find much of what you need right here in the neighborhood.
For information on where to drive and park in Eastlake on the Fourth, see our previous post complete with a downloadable map. Information on Metro transit is at the end of the list.
Information on the Family Fourth at Lake Union and the fireworks show (which usually begins around 10 p.m.) can be found on the event’s website.
If I missed your Eastlake business, please let me know what hours you’ll be open on the Fourth and if you have anything special planned for the holiday. Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Here’s what’s open on the Fourth of July:
FOOD AND DRINK
- Azteca, 1823 Eastlake Ave. E. Hours: 11 a.m. to 10 p.m. Website: www.aztecamex.com
- Eastlake Bar and Grill, 2947 Eastlake Ave. E. Hours: 11 a.m. to midnight. They’ll be offering holiday food and drink specials. Website:www.neighborhoodgrills.com/eastlake/index.html
- Eastlake Zoo, 2301 Eastlake Ave. E. Hours: 2 p.m – 2 a.m. Hell Yeah Dogs, a new hotdog cart, will be open outside the Zoo. Also, Zero Gravity Circus will be performing from 9 p.m. to midnight. Website: www.eastlakezoo.com
- 14 Carrot Cafe, 2305 Eastlake Ave. E. Hours: 7 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Kristos Eastlake, 3218 Eastlake Ave. E. Hours: 11 a.m. to 2 a.m. Drink specials will be available and they’ll be renting parking in their garage for those attending the fireworks. Website: www.kristoseastlake.com
- Little Water Cantina, 2865 Eastlake Ave. E. Hours: Open at 1 p.m. They’ll have drink and food specials all day: roasted whole pig, limited picnic/fiesta menu with roast pork, beans and rice plate, empanadas, chips and guacamole, and more. $10 cover. Website: www.littlewatercantina.com
- Louisa’s Cafe Bakery, 2379 Eastlake Ave. E. Hours: Open 7 a.m.-2 p.m. for brunch. Website: www.louisascafe.com
- Pazzo’s, 2307 Eastlake Ave. E. Hours: 11 a.m.-2 a.m.
- Romio’s Pizza & Pasta, 3242 Eastlake Ave. E. Hours: 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. Website: www.eastlakeromios.com
- Starbucks, 2344 Eastlake Ave. E. Hours: 5 a.m.-8 p.m. Website: www.starbucks.com/store/12504
- Siam on Eastlake, 1629 Eastlake Ave. Hours: 4-10:30 p.m. Website: www.siamthairestaurants.com
- Voxx Coffee, 2245 Eastlake Ave. E. Hours: 7 a.m. to 4 p.m. Website: voxxseattle.com
- Eastlake Market, 2244 Eastlake Ave. E. Hours: 5 a.m.-2 a.m.
- Hamlin Market, 2729 Eastlake Ave. E. Hours: 7 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- Pete’s Wine Shop, 58 E. Lynn. Hours: 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. Website: www.peteswineshop.com
- Flower Lady, 3230 Eastlake Ave. E. Hours: 10 a.m. to 8 p.m., but they might close earlier. Website: www.seattleflowerlady.com
- Jaxx Boutique, 2345 Eastlake E. Hours: Open now through the fireworks. They have shopping, drinks, music and discounts today.
- Mort’s Cabin, 2241 Eastlake Ave. E. Hours: From noon until 6-8 p.m. Website: www.mortscabin.com
- Video Quest, 2234 Eastlake Ave. E. Hours: 11 a.m.-7 p.m., Website: video-quest.com
Metro Transit: Buses will be operating on a Sunday schedule for the holiday. This means many commuter routes won’t be in service. Check the Metro website for more information on individual routes.