The week’s police reports for Eastlake include an attempted shoplifting at Mort’s Cabin on Saturday.
The suspect grabbed an antler floor lamp from outside the front door of the shop about 1:30 p.m. Darold Andersen, owner of Mort’s Cabin, saw the theft and ran outside, yelling at the suspect to put down the lamp, which the suspect did about 300 feet south on Eastlake near the Eastlake Inn. He was last seen running south on Eastlake Ave. past Serafina.
The suspect was described as a caucasian male, early 20s, about 5’7″, 155 pounds, clean shaven, short blond hair, two-tone parka with white sleeves and lavender or gray on the front and back.
A person with a similar description was reported to have been involved in an attempted home burglary earlier in the day.
Other police reports for the week include:
- Jan. 24: Burglary, residential, forced entry, 2300 block of Yale Ave. E., 11:03 p.m.
- Jan. 25: Burglary, residential, 2300 block of Yale Ave. E., 12:58 a.m.
- Jan. 26: Car prowl, 1000 block of Lakeview Blvd. E., 2 a.m.
- Jan. 26: Property crime, 2700 block of Boylston Ave. E., 10:53 a.m.
- Jan. 26: Property crime, 2600 block of Boylston Ave. E., 1:21 p.m.
- Jan. 26: Property crime, 2000 block of Eastlake Ave. E., 8 p.m.
- Jan. 28: Motor vehicle accident, E. Roanoke and E. Boylston, 8:57 a.m.
- Jan. 28: Burglary, residential, forced, 1900 block of Yale Ave. E., 5 p.m.
- Jan. 28: Burglary, residential, 1000 block of Lakeview Blvd. E., 10 p.m.
- Jan. 29: Theft, auto accessories, 2500 block of Yale E., 5:10 p.m.
- Jan. 31: Car prowl, 2800 block of Eastlake Ave. E., 1:12 p.m.
To see the complete map go to SeattleCrime.com.