Christmas is here and, like last year, the best advice is to do your shopping, eating and drinking on Friday, Christmas Eve. Most businesses will be open but many will be closing early.
On Christmas Day, the only restaurant we found that will be open is the Eastlake Grill. If you need a libation, the Eastlake Zoo will open in the evening.
If I’ve missed anyone, please add your business to the comments.
Check below the list for info on garbage pickup and bus service.
FOOD AND DRINK:
- Azteca, 1823 Eastlake Ave. E. Hours: 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. Website: www.aztecamex.com
- Eastlake Bar and Grill, 2947 Eastlake Ave. E. Hours: 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. Website: www.neighborhoodgrills.com/eastlake/index.html
- Eastlake Zoo, 2301 Eastlake Ave. E. Hours: 2 p.m.-2 a.m. Website: www.eastlakezootavern.com/
- 14 Carrot Cafe, 2305 Eastlake Ave. E. Hours: 7 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Grand Central Bakery, 1616 Eastlake Ave. E. Hours: 7 a.m.-3 p.m. Website: www.grandcentralbakery.com
- Kristos, 3218 Eastlake Ave. E. Hours: Lunch — 11 a.m.-3 p.m.; Happy Hour — 3-6:30 p.m. and 10 p.m.-close; dinner — 6:30 p.m.-close. Website: www.kristoseastlake.com.
- Le Fournil, 3230B Eastlake Ave. E. Hours: 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. Website: www.le-fournil.com.
- Louisa’s Cafe Bakery, 2379 Eastlake Ave. E. Hours: 7 a.m.-4 p.m. Website: www.louisascafe.com
- Nettletown, 2238 Eastlake Ave. E. Hours: 11 a.m.-3:30 p.m. Website: www.nettletown.com.
- Romio’s Pizza & Pasta, 3242 Eastlake Ave. E. Hours: Open at 11 a.m., will be closing early. Website: www.eastlakeromios.com.
- Starbucks, 2344 Eastlake Ave. E. Hours: 5 a.m.-4 p.m. Website: www.starbucks.com/store/12504
- Voxx Coffee, 2245 Eastlake Ave. E. Hours: 7 a.m. to noon. Website: voxxseattle.com
- Pete’s Wine Shop, 58 E. Lynn. Hours: 7 a.m. to 4 p.m. Website: www.peteswineshop.com
- Neighborhood mini-marts are usually all open.
- Eastlake Mail, 2226 Eastlake Ave. E. Hours: 1-3 p.m.
- Flower Lady, 3230 Eastlake Ave. E. Hours: 6:30 a.m. to 8 p.m. Website: www.seattleflowerlady.com
- Lake Union Mail, 117 E. Louisa. Hours: 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. Website: www.lakeunionmail.com
- Video Quest, 2234 Eastlake Ave. E. Hours: 11 a.m.-9 p.m.
FOOD AND DRINK:
- Eastlake Bar and Grill. Hours: 7 p.m. to midnight.
- Eastlake Zoo. Hours: Probably opening around 5. Will stay open as long as there are customers.
- Flower Lady may open as well. Call ahead: 206-325-5751.
Metro will be on a reduced schedule (some commuter and school-oriented routes don’t run, regular fares) on Friday and Monday-Friday Dec. 27-31.
Sunday schedules (fewer trips than weekdays, reduced prices) will be in effect on Christmas Day.
For more information on Metro schedules, check their web page.
The North Recycling and Disposal Station in Fremont/Wallingford will be closed on Christmas Day.
If you have curbside food and yard waste collection, you can put your Christmas tree and greens out during your regular collection day for no extra charge between Dec. 26 and Jan. 9. Cut the tree into sections six feet or shorter with branches less than four feet. Sections should be bundled. Multi-family buildings can put one tree next to each yard waste container for free.
If your tree has flocking or ornaments or tinsel, it will be collected as extra garbage at an extra charge.
Trees and greens can be dropped off for free at the North Recycling and Disposal Station between Dec. 26 and Jan. 9. Trees must be in sections eight feet or less and trunks no bigger than four inches in diameter. Three tree limit per vehicle.