Couch fire burns Eastlake apartment of Cupcake Royale manager, daughter

UPDATE: This post has been updated since first published. Details from the Seattle Fire Department have been added.

The Seattle Fire Department was out in force just before 2 a.m. Tuesday morning for an apartment fire in the 2200 block of Minor Avenue E., which a Seattle Fire Department spokesperson says started in a couch that was too close to a baseboard heater. They estimate the damage to the apartment at $60,000.

Our sister news site, Capitol Hill Seattlesays that the apartment belonged to Cupcake Royale’s Capitol Hill store manager Jaime, and her daughter, Hanna. They weren’t at home when the fire broke out and they are OK. Their dog, Pearl, is also OK. An e-mail from Jody Hall at Cupcake Royale says the family “pretty much lost everything.”


Staff at Cupcake Royale are collecting money to help Jaime and Hanna get back on their feet. The collection point is the Capitol Hill Cupcake Royale at 1111 E. Pike.

The SFD spokesperson says the first units to respond found that a neighbor was already on the scene with a hose trying to put out the flames. They checked the neighbor for any smoke inhalation but the person was fine.

The large response to the fire is standard practice for an apartment fire, the SFD spokesperson said, because of the potential for rescues.

Read the complete CHS post here.

One thought on “Couch fire burns Eastlake apartment of Cupcake Royale manager, daughter

  1. Eastlake Neighbor

    Three neighbors, 6 fire estinguishers and a hose were used to put out the fire before the fire dept even arrived, as they were given the wrong address by another neighbor.

Comments are closed.