Thanksgiving is quiet in Eastlake. Not many businesses are planning on being open. Here’s a few that will be open:
- 14 Carrot Cafe, 2305 Eastlake Ave. E. Hours: 7 a.m.-2 p.m.
- Starbucks, 2344 Eastlake Ave. E. Hours: 7 a.m.-4 p.m. Website: www.starbucks.com/store/12504
- Voxx Coffee, 2245 Eastlake Ave. E. Hours: 7 a.m.-1 p.m. Website: voxxseattle.com
- Pete’s Wine Shop, 53 E. Lynn Hours: 10 a.m.-2 p.m. Website: www.peteswineshop.com
- Flower Lady, 3230 Eastlake Ave. E. Hours: 8 a.m. to 4 or 4:30 p.m. Website: www.seattleflowerlady.com
- Local mini-marts will also be open.
Metro bus service: Buses will be on a Sunday schedule on Thanksgiving (fewer trips, lower fares) and on a reduced weekday schedule (fewer trips on some routes, regular fares) on Friday. Eastlake routes with some trip cancellations on Friday include the 49 and the 70.
For more information on holiday bus service, visit Metro’s website.
Solid waste collection: There will be no garbage, food, yard waste or recycling collections on Thanksgiving. Collections scheduled for Thursday will take place Friday. Friday collections will take place Saturday. Recycling and disposal stations are closed on Thursday.
Seattle Public Utilities advises that all of your Thanksgiving leftovers such as turkey bones, celery, yams, potatoes, pumpkin pie (who would have leftover pumpkin pie?), fruitcake and napkins can get in the food and yard waste cans. It all gets composted for use in local gardens.
Anything I’ve missed? Put it in the comments, please. And have a Happy Thanksgiving!