UPDATE: Seattle Fire Department has just reported that the cause was "combustibles too close to the base board heater." Lost is estimated at $70,000 to the building and $20,000 to the contents.
Several news organizations are reporting on a fire at a Lakeview Boulevard apartment earlier this morning.
A top-floor unit in the building at 1034 Lakeview Blvd. E. caught fire. CapitolHillSeattle.com reports that "SFD tells us the fire was contained to one unit but that there is extensive smoke and water damage to the building -- and a big hole was cut in the roof to fight the flames. No word on how many residents displaced."
CHS has more information and a photo.
As a clarification: Some news reports are saying that the fire was in Eastlake, although we generally consider Lakeview to be on Capitol Hill.