UPDATE: Added Christmas Eve hours for Lake Union Mail.
Here’s the list of what’s open in Eastlake for the holiday.
Christmas Eve is the time to shop and eat out in Eastlake because stores and restaurants will mostly be open. But note that many places will be closing early.
On Christmas Day, not much is stirring in Eastlake … but a few places will be open. Check the list to see which businesses will be open.
I’d like to encourage you to patronize our local, Eastlake businesses as much as possible this holiday season. They’re a great bunch of people and the neighborhood would be at a loss without them.
If I’ve missed your business, please make a note in the comments or e-mail me at curtmilton (at) comcast.net. I’ll post New Year’s Eve and New Year’s Day hours next week.
CHRISTMAS EVE HOURS:
FOOD AND DRINK:
- Azteca, 1823 Eastlake Ave. E. Hours: 11 a.m. to 8 p.m. Web site: www.aztecamex.com
- Eastlake Bar and Grill, 2947 Eastlake Ave. E. Hours: 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. Web site: www.neighborhoodgrills.com/eastlake/index.html
- Eastlake Zoo, 2301 Eastlake Ave. E. Hours: 2 p.m. until they run out of customers. Web site: www.eastlakezoo.com
- 14 Carrot Cafe, 2305 Eastlake Ave. E. Hours: 7 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Grand Central Bakery, 1616 Eastlake Ave. E. Hours: 7 a.m. to 3 p.m. Web site: www.grandcentralbakery.com
- La Fournil, 3230B Eastlake Ave. E. Hours: 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. Web site: www.le-fournil.com. Closed Christmas Day and Dec. 26.
- Louisa’s Cafe Bakery, 2379 Eastlake Ave. E. Hours: 7 a.m. to 4 p.m. Web site: www.louisascafe.com
- Voxx Coffee, 2245 Eastlake Ave. E. Hours: 7 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Red Robin, 3272 Fuhrman Ave. Hours: 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. Web site: www.redrobin.com
- Romio’s Pizza & Pasta, 3242 Eastlake Ave. E. Hours: 11 a.m. to 9 p.m. Web site: www.eastlakeromios.com
- Hamlin Market, 2729 Eastlake Ave. E. Hours: 7 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- Pete’s Wine Shop, 58 E. Lynn. Hours: 7 a.m. to 4 p.m. Web site: www.peteswineshop.com
- Flower Lady, 3230 Eastlake Ave. E. Hours: 10 a.m. to 8 or 9 p.m. Web site: www.seattleflowerlady.com
- Lake Union Mail, 117 E. Louisa. Hours: 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. Web site: www.lakeunionmail.com
CHRISTMAS DAY HOURS:
- Eastlake Zoo: Hours: sometime in the afternoon through the evening.
- Eastlake Bar and Grill: Hours: 8 p.m. to midnight.
- Pazzo’s on Eastlake, 2307 Eastlake Ave. E. Hours: Bar open 5 p.m. to midnight
- Flower Lady: May be open. Call to check: 206-325-5751
- Christmas Eve: Metro will be operating a Reduced Weekday Schedule. Some commuter and school-oriented routes do not operate on these days and other routes may have individual trips canceled.
- Christmas Day: Sunday schedule
- For more information on individual routes, go to Metro’s holiday web site.
No garbage collection on Christmas Day. Friday collections will occur on Saturday.
If you have curbside food and yard waste collection, you can put your trees and holiday greens out on your regular collection day at no extra charge from Dec. 26 to Jan. 10. Seattle Public Utilities advises that trees should be cut into sections of six feet or shorter, branches trimmed to four feet or less.
Trees that are flocked or have tinsel or ornaments on them will be collected as extra garbage. Cut these trees into three-foot pieces. Each piece will be charged as extra garbage at a cost of $7.60 EACH.
You can also drop your trees and greens off for free at the North Recycling and Disposal Station, North 34th St. and Carr Place N., between Dec. 26 and Jan. 10. The station is closed on Christmas Day.